Dr. Ajakwe is a founding partner of Comprehensive Spine and Pain Physicians. He is a board certified anesthesiologist, with fellowship training in Interventional Pain Medicine from Columbia University Hospital of Physicians and Surgeons (NYC), and the UCLA School of Medicine (Los Angeles, California). He has been practicing in the field of Pain Medicine for 10 years. He has served as Vice Chair of the Pain and Palliative Care Committee at the Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center for the last 10 years. He has authored chapters, and published articles in the well circulated Pain Medicine textbooks and journals.
Dr. Ajakwe manages all chronic pain conditions, especially painful conditions of the spine and joints. He has special interest in minimally invasive spine procedures to alleviate chronic spine pain. He also has special interest in regenerative therapy modalities, such as, stem cell therapies and platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapies for the treatment of chronic spine, joint, and soft tissue painful conditions.
Dr. Ajakwe regularly lectures in the community, and with membership in the American Academy of Pain Medicine, North American Neuromodulation Society, and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Dr. Ajakwe is on the forefront of advanced treatment options in the field of pain medicine.
Staff Appointment & Directorships
- Attending Staff, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Providence St. Joseph Medical Center, 2006– present
- Attending Staff, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, 2006– present
- Attending Staff Anesthesiologist and Pain Medicine, Holy Cross Surgery Center 2006-present
- Pain and Palliative Committee, Providence St. Joseph Medical Center, 2008 – present
- Cancer Care Committee, Providence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Co-director of Pain Medicine, Buena Vista Anesthesia Medical Group, 2008 – 2015
- Co-director of Pain Medicine, Disney Family Cancer Center, 2009 – 2014
- Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserves Medical Core, 2004 to 2006
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Cancer Committee, 2011 to 2016
- Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center Cancer committee, 2010 to present
- Co-Director of Pain Management, Buena Vista Anesthesia Medical Group, 2008 to 2015
- Co-Director of Pain Management, Disney Family Cancer Center, 2011 to 2015
- Co-director and Moderator, Pain Medicine CME Lecture Series, Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center. 2012 to present
- Founding partner, Comprehensive Pain Physicians, Burbank California, 2014 to present
- Founding partner, Burbank Spine And Pain Surgery Center, 2016 to present
- Providence St. Joseph’s Med. Center Trauma Committee, 2011 to present
- Providence St. Joseph’s Pain and Palliative Care Committee, 2010 to present
- Providence Partners for Health. Inpatient Performance Improvement Program Committee. 2012 2015
- Providence Partners for Health. Total Joint Replacement Initiative Committee, 2011 to 2015
- Co-Editor, Pain Medicine Update. Newsletter for Los Angeles physicians. 2017